How to get around
Cesenatico: Where it is and How to get Around
Connections and Transport in Cesenatico
Cesenatico is a small town in the province of Forlì-Cesena, in the centre of the Romagna Riviera. It is well connected to the rest of Italy thanks to its position on the Adriatic ridge and can be reached easily by car, train or plane.
Discover the map of Cesenatico, how to get here and how to move around the city.
How to get to Cesenatico
- From the south (Bari, Lecce, Pescara, Ancona): A14 motorway towards Bologna. Take the exit for Rimini Nord or Valle del Rubicone and continue on SS16 towards Ravenna
- From the north (Brennero, Milan, Bologna): A14 motorway towards Ancona. Take the exit for Cesena and continue on SP7, SP33 and SS304.
- From Rome: E45 motorway. Take the exit for Cesena and continue on SS726 and then SS304.
- From Venice: SS309 Romea towards Ravenna and continue to Cesenatico.
- From Rimini: SS16 Adriatica towards Ravenna.
Once in the town, proceed towards ‘Cesenatico centro’ (under the overpass). Convenient parking is located in Piazza della Rocca (parking entrance on the left before the level crossing).
- From various Italian cities: Flixbus
- Rome – L’Aquila: Bonelli Bus
- Milan – Casatenovo: Autostradale
- Novara – Gravellona Toce – Intra: Comazzi
- Olgiate Comasco: Autostradale
- Parma – Cremona – Brescia – Edolo: SABBA Bus Line
- Piacenza – Asti – Alessandria – Turin: Bonelli Bus
- Piacenza – Ivrea – Aosta: V.I.T.A.
- Rho – Luino – Varese: S.T.I.E.
- Rubiera – Reggio Emilia – Castelnovo Monti – Guastalla: T.I.L.
- San Lazzaro Di Savena – Bologna: Saca Bus
- Sansepolcro – Arezzo: Baschetti
- Saronno – Asso: Autostradale
- Venice: Bonelli Bus
- Como – Chiasso: RENI
Cesenatico is close to three international airports:
- BLQ Bologna G. Marconi Airport – 80 km from Cesenatico
- RMI Rimini F. Fellini Airport – 25 km from Cesenatico
- FRL L. Ridolfi Airport in Forlì – 40 km from Cesenatico
Continue by car as indicated. From Bologna Marconi airport it is possible to take the Shuttle Italy Airport to Cesenatico.
Port of Cesenatico: coordinates 44° 12 ’32 “N – 12° 24′ 17” E
If you want to arrive by boat, there are moorings in Cesenatico harbour. If you have a vintage boat, you can temporarily moor alongside the museum’s sailing boats by making a reservation. Please, be aware of the space and shallow waters of Cesenatico’s Porto Canale.
Cesenatico station is on the Rimini-Ravenna railway line.
From north and south: arrive at Rimini central station, served by national and high-speed trains, and then change onto a regional train for Cesenatico.
More information: www.trenitalia.it
Getting around Cesenatico
Cesenatico is served by the Start Romagna urban transport lines that also connect the town to other locations in the Rimini basin.
You can buy bus tickets in the ‘Tabaccherie’, at bus stops or on the MyCicero, DropTicket, Muver and Roger apps.
Info and lines: www.startromagna.it or Moovit app
You can get around Cesenatico by taxi with the Cesenatico Taxi Group, based in Piazza Ugo Bassi.
Info and rates: www.taxicesenatico.it – 0547 81365
Cesenatico is Italy’s bike capital, so there are cycle paths, itineraries, bike hotels and experiences for real Bike Lovers.
Parking and Stopover Areas
- Motorhome parking area on the Adriatica State Road
- Paid parking area Old Town (ATR parking office)
- Paid parking area Zona Mare (ATR parking office)
- Tourist bus parking
- Parking at Viale Abba Hospital
- Largo San Giacomo Car Park
- Piazzale della Rocca Parking
- Parking via Saffi c/o Municipal Swimming Pool
- All Rent Rentals
Strada Statale Adriatica, 2201
Tel: 0547 481560
- PlayaRent Car Rental
via Litorale Marina 91
Tel: 0547 1930887
Limited Traffic Zones
- Porto Canale Pedestrian Area
- Viale Carducci Pedestrian Area
- Viale Delle Nazioni Pedestrian Area